Company: Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers
Contact Person: Molly Kellogg-Schmauch
Application Deadline: March 30, 2018
Under the direction of the Chief Communications Officer, the Communications Manager is responsible for supporting the coordination, management, and implementation of the Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers internal and external communication efforts.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the office through research, preparation, and distribution of various communications promoting the role and services of Florida’s Court Clerks and Comptroller.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the FCCC’s communication strategies and tactics to inform the media, general public, and related stakeholders regarding FCCC, Clerk of Court and Comptroller offices and related topics and issues.
- Maintain FCCC brand standards and style guidelines across all communication platforms including print, digital, and broadcast.
- Independently compose original, style-specific content for use in press releases, media advisories, statements, talking points, fact sheets, reports, newsletters, and websites.
- Assist in planning FCCC and Clerk of Court events, press events, and media interviews.
- Manage and update electronic media coverage databases and media distribution lists.
- Respond to media inquiries and clerk requests providing accurate, concise, and consistent information within a designated timeframe while adhering to procedural guidelines.
- Maintain current knowledge of FCCC functions and activities, legislative priorities, and current issues and topics.
- Utilize critical thinking skills on all projects and identify potential opportunities/partnerships to expand the association’s reach.
- Prioritize multiple projects and consistently meet required deadlines.
- Possess and utilize advanced office administration skills including consistent and accurate formatting of commonly used documents (spreadsheets, business letters, memos, etc.).
- Direct and manage the operation of Communication office, including calendaring, scheduling, and travel arrangements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent writing, editing, and strategic message development (Advanced AP Style knowledge required)
- Friendly, self-motivated, can work in team or independently, dedicated team spirit, multi-tasker
- Superb attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to systems
- Experience with web design and content management systems
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
The position requires the ability to work with a personal computer and peripheral equipment in a Windows environment. Ability to use email, the internet, MS Word, and Excel is required. Proficiency in digital communications and technology (Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud) is required.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing
- Five years related experience in Communications or related areas
- Extended hours may occur, including weekends and evenings
- This position will require occasional travel within the state of Florida
How to Apply
Please submit the following required materials in a single PDF file to [email protected] by 5:00pm Friday, March 30th.
- Cover Letter with Salary Requirements
- Professional Resume
- Three (3) Professional Writing Samples Published/Distributed in the last two years
Type of acceptable writing samples include: Press Release, Op-Ed, Talking Points, FAQ, Website Content, Newsletter, Brochure, White Paper, Published Article, Campaign-Specific Social Media Posts (min. 5)
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, March 12, 2018