Company: Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers
Contact Person: Molly Kellogg-Schmauch, Chief Communications Officer
Application Deadline: April 21, 2017
Under the direction of the Chief Communications Officer, the Communications Manager is responsible for supporting the coordination, management, and implementation of the Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers internal and external communication efforts.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the office through research, preparation, and distribution of various communications promoting the role and services of Florida’s Court Clerks and Comptroller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in the development and implementation of the FCCC’s communication strategies and tactics to inform the media, general public, and related stakeholders regarding FCCC, Clerk of Court and Comptroller offices and related topics and issues.
• Maintain FCCC brand standards and style guidelines across all communication platforms including print, digital, and broadcast.
• Independently compose original, style-specific content for use in press releases, media advisories, statements, talking points, fact sheets, reports, newsletters, and websites.
• Assist in planning FCCC and Clerk of Court events, press events, and media interviews.
• Manage and update electronic media coverage databases and media distribution lists.
• Respond to media inquiries and clerk requests providing accurate, concise and consistent information within a designated timeframe while adhering to procedural guidelines.
• Create, manage, and monitor social media content to enhance the FCCC’s digital brand.
• Maintain current knowledge of FCCC functions and activities, legislative priorities and current issues and topics.
• Utilize critical thinking skills on all projects and identify potential opportunities/partnerships to expand the association’s reach.
• Prioritize multiple projects and consistently meet required deadlines.
• Possess and utilize advanced office administration skills including consistent and accurate formatting of commonly used documents (spreadsheets, business letters, memos, etc.).
• Direct and manage the operation of Communication office; including calendaring, scheduling and travel arrangements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the Court Clerks’ and Comptroller’s role and benefits to the public
• Knowledge of current communications practices.
• Awareness and utilization of modern media trends and developing channels
• Ability to work well with a variety of individuals, organizational levels, departments and organizations
• Demonstrated proficiency in written and oral communications within multiple formats and for various audiences
• Excellent writing, editing and strategic message development. (Advanced AP Style knowledge required)
• Ability to work within the full Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
• Ability to work with advanced or specialized communications programs including Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
• Ability to update websites and utilize various social media platforms
• Ability to prioritize, perform several tasks concurrently and efficiently manage time to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and with groups
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field
• Three years related experience in Communications or related areas.
• This position requires occasional travel within the state of Florida.
How to Apply
Benefits and Compensation:
This position receives base salary plus benefits for an exempt position. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow and perform any other job-related instructions requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This position description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of essential job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. All employees may be given duties not specifically listed in this document. Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
Application Requirements and Deadline:
For position consideration, candidates must meet all of the education, experience and skill requirements outlined in the job description as well as submit/upload the following documents/information:
• Cover Letter with Salary Requirements
• Professional Resume
• Three (3) Professional Writing Samples Published/Distributed in the last two (2) years.
Type of acceptable writing samples include: Press Release, Op-Ed, Talking Points, FAQ, Website Content, Newsletter, Brochure, White Paper, Published Article, Campaign Specific Social Media Posts (min. 5)
Candidates must submit all required materials (Cover Letter with Salary Requirements, Professional Resume, Three (3) Professional Writing Samples) in a single PDF file to [email protected] by 5:00pm Friday April 21, 2017.
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, April 6, 2017