Contact Person: Jamie Champion Mongiovi
Application Deadline: January 14, 2023
The Communications Manager engages in the development and implementation of communications strategies tailored for target audiences over multi-channel platforms. Measures communication campaign effectiveness for return-on-investment. Leads or assists in leading the design of communications campaigns that raise brand awareness and inform, educate, and influence internal and external audiences. Ensures content aligns with the enterprise brand strategy and brand architecture. Designs, produces, and/or reviews communications products for use internally and externally. Collaborates with management to identify opportunities to streamline communication processes and develop new procedures that support the business unit/department.
- Collaborates in the development of communications strategies tailored for target audiences over multi-channel platforms, and leads the execution of those efforts to inform, educate, and influence both internal and external audiences.
- Develops integrated communications strategies to reach key audiences, oversee implementation, and measure results.
- Develops message frameworks based on message research including tailoring to diverse audiences.
- Develops and refines messaging to ensure organizational consistency in all aspects of communication.
- Leverages internal and external communication platforms to relay complicated content using storytelling, illustrations, and other consumable formats.
- Produces or collaborates on producing a variety of individual communications products for internal and external audiences, including designing, writing, editing, and/or publishing communications.
- Develops and executes integrated communications and marketing plans for defined portfolios while providing day-to-day communications and marketing support and superior client service.
- Identifies and shares opportunities for public and media relations, thought leadership initiatives, social media, and digital tools that support programmatic objectives.
- Acts as day-to-day project manager for internal and external departmental communications efforts.
- Develops timelines to meet project commitments and to ensure deliverables from across the organization and external partners are on time.
- Works with management and partners in other departments to measure and report on program results, perform research and deliver findings, and understand and leverage segmentation data.
- Plans, organizes, and implements special assigned projects working with cross functional teams.
- Determines scope and execution, tracks progress towards milestones, establishes timelines, and evaluates progress.
- Establishes project communication plans and ensures internal/external stakeholders are informed regarding project processes and impact.
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or a related discipline and a minimum of 5 years of experience.
Demonstrates a strong understanding of media relations, Florida’s legislative process and advocacy communications, and public relations.
Must be able to strategically plan for and manage delivery of every viable opportunity to tell the AARP Story in Florida.
Budgeting experience required.
Travel inside the state required at least 25% of work time.
Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA)
AARP observes Mondays and Fridays as telecommuting workdays, except for essential functions. Remote work and telecommuting can only be done within the United States and its territories.
How to Apply
Apply here: https://careers.aarp.org/careers-home/jobs/4042?lang=en-us
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023