Company: Tallahassee-Leon County Office of Economic Vitality
Contact Person: Kianna Brown
Application Deadline: August 6, 2021
The Office of Economic Vitality is seeking a creative, motivated and results-oriented Communications intern to join our team in Tallahassee. Florida. This position is a paid internship and offers hands-on experience with a fast-paced local government agency that will be invaluable to anyone pursuing a career in communications.
The Office of Economic Vitality’s Marketing and Communications Department works to develop and implement events, promotions, marketing strategies, research, and advertising designed to increase awareness of OEV and its services. Under the direction of the Business Outreach and Marketing Coordinator, the Communications intern will assist in drafting communications materials, generating social media content, managing website updates, planning events, and other activities promoting OEV to partners, stakeholders, and the general public.
• Undergraduate student currently enrolled at a college or university and have completed at least 30 semester hours of course work, majoring in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or a related major.
• Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word, as well as Microsoft Teams.
• Proficient in AP style with strong writing and editing skills
• • Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
• Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Adobe Creative Suite experience is preferred.
• • Must be able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week during normal business hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.).
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by Friday, August 6, 2021. The application is available online at https://bit.ly/CommsIntern-OEV.
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021