Company: The Kearney Center (CESC)
Contact Person: Audra Peoples
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020
Connecting Everyone to Second Chances (CESC, Inc.) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, our mission is to offer help and hope by creating solutions that provide a path to self-sufficiency to those in poverty. We execute this mission through a variety of projects – each with their own intention and purpose.
• The Kearney Center
• The Dwellings
• CESC Health Services
The Communications team is seeking an intern to support the public relations activities for all of our programs.
This position would report directly to Communications Director.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- General business/nonprofit knowledge
- Use of Google programs – Drive, Slides, Sheets, etc.
- Basic use of social media platforms- Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Enrolled in a college degree program
- Strong written, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Professional presence and demeanor
- Adobe Creative Suite knowledge
- WordPress knowledge
- Canva and design program knowledge
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and create content for the organization’s social media channels
- Develop and execute social media and email campaigns
- Assist in the design and printing of marketing collateral including signage, fliers, resource guides, blog posts, and website content
- Work with our team on events
- Track social media analytics, and use the data to guide new efforts and optimize current initiatives
- Write content for website
- Develop press releases, blog posts and pitches to media
- Maintain and update media lists
- Update websites
- Graphic Design
- Support the development efforts of the organization
How to Apply
This is an unpaid internship opportunity for 20 hours per week (more hours may be worked during events). Students can receive up to 3 credit hours and successful internships will provide interns with potential future opportunities in the communications department.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Audra Peoples – [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, July 17, 2020