Company: Florida Department of Corrections
Contact Person: Reina Praxedes, Public Information Specialist -- (850) 488-0420 -- [email protected]
Application Deadline: December 31, 2014
As a team member in the Office of Communications, this applicant will work closely with offices, institutions statewide and media. This applicant will need to have strong communication skills, writing experience, multi-task, troubleshoot and problem solve and be able to network and foster relationships both internally and externally. The internship requires a minimum of one academic semester for 20-30 hours per week Monday through Friday. Schedule details to be determined with the intern supervisor.
Desired Qualifications Include:
• Junior or Senior standing with credit for college course work in or closely related to Public Relations/Communications
• Professional or nonprofessional experience in Communications or journalism (optional)
• Knowledge of social media platforms and tools
• Knowledge of the general techniques required in Public Relations/Communications
How to Apply
The following items comprise a completed Internship Application Packet:
1. Cover Letter;
3. References with contact information; and
4. Internship Program application, DC3-2019 and Volunteer Application DC5-601A (found online).
Job Originally Posted on: Sunday, August 24, 2014