Company: St. John's Episcopal Church, Tallahassee
Contact Person: Carol Newman
Application Deadline: April 15, 2016
St. John’s Episcopal Church is a large, busy, activity-filled church in the heart of Tallahassee. We are interviewing for a Communications Director with writing, editing, web and social media skills.
This is a part-time position, Monday-Friday, 25 hours per week. Our goal is to fill the position in early April 2016.
Join a friendly staff of lay and clergy people who work as a team serving a growing congregation with numerous internal and community-oriented programs.
The Communication Director will:
- Create a consistent, integrated approach to communications as part of a communications plan
- Increase the overall sense of connection and engagement among current and potential members of the parish
- Provide print communications support to the parish
- Provide digital communications support through website updates, email blasts and Facebook posts
- Manage the publicity of church programs and ministries to the Tallahassee community
- Administer and organize all communications efforts
Send us a cover letter and a resume if you have:
- Hands-on experience with office management software; design, photo and desktop publishing software; website updating and social media communications
- Professional-level writing and editing skills
- The ability to organize and manage multiple projects and myriad details
- A knack for getting along with all kinds of people
- An appreciation for a beautiful, historical church and a compelling work environment
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience or a combination of post high school education and six years of experience
Cover letter and resume both required.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume (both required). Email: [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, March 22, 2016