Company: Florida Office of Insurance Regulation
Contact Person: Samantha Bequer
Application Deadline: September 25, 2023
- The Communications Coordinator supports OIR’s external communications strategies by managing the day-to-day administration and maintenance of the OIR website floir.com. The position is responsible for developing and maintaining processes for maintaining up-to-date website content and recommending communication strategies related to the website. The position works with the Communications office and business units to regularly post website content and tracks and develops reports for website analytics.
- In collaboration with the Communications Director, the Communications Coordinator designs and implements OIR’s digital strategies.
- Serves as the point of contact for posting content to the OIR website.
- Helps develop processes for maintaining up-to-date content on the OIR website, including finalizing the OIR website redesign.
- Manages the OIR ongoing web redesign project through activity tracking, coordination with DFS Office of Information Technology, Market Regulation and Technology Unit, and communication with OIR staff.
- Supports communications plans and strategies by working directly with OIR business units and the Communications Office to draft, verify, review, route, and post information.
- Seeks ways to enhance audience experiences through the website and other forms of external communication.
- Keeps informed and up to date on website technology, best communications practices, and products available to OIR.
- Serve as a member of the Incident Management Team and in this capacity may be required on short notice to perform duties and necessary attendant travel in support of disaster relief efforts.
- Manage special projects and other related work as delegated by the Communications Director.
- Experience in providing customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in working independently and utilizing problem-solving techniques.
- Experience managing multiple tasks and working as part of a team.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations/Advertising, Journalism, Writing, or related fields is preferred
- At least one (1) year of experience working in communications or public relations is preferred.
How to Apply
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, September 19, 2023