Company: Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
Contact Person: Beth Frady
Application Deadline: November 20, 2015
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles’ Office of Communications manages proactive and reactive media relations as well as various statewide awareness campaigns, the department’s website and its brand. The Office of Communications is seeking a Communications Coordinator to assist with the daily assignments and projects. The position is paid hourly and the schedule can be modified for current public relations/communications college students.
Assisting the Office’s Campaign Manager and Press Secretary, projects could include:
- Drafting press releases and other various writing assignments;
- Updating the department’s webpage;
- Creating shared content for the department’s social media channels;
- Assist with compiling daily news clips;
- Event assistance; and
- Other administrative tasks.
- Highly motivated;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- The ability to multi-task; and
- Professional and dependable.
How to Apply
By November 20, 2015, interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter and three writing samples to:
Beth Frady, Communications Director
No phone calls please
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, November 3, 2015