Company: Florida TaxWatch
Contact Person: Morgan McCord
Application Deadline: May 8, 2015
Florida TaxWatch, a well-respected, nonprofit, public policy think tank is seeking a Communications Associate to join its core communications team. The Communications Associate will work with a highly professional staff to promote the organization’s research findings and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. This position works closely with the Communications Coordinator and reports to the Senior Vice President of Research.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Design, create, and disseminate monthly newsletters and other regular communications;
- Create and maintain key contact lists for media and stakeholder correspondences;
- Manage distribution of e-mail notifications through Constant Contact;
- Execute social media strategies to disseminate research information;
- Update press and media section of website;
- Monitor and analyze media coverage;
- Draft scripts for speaking engagements by research staff.
Secondary Responsibilities Include:
- Draft op-eds and news releases;
- Serve as a back-up point of contact for media inquiries;
- Perform media outreach through traditional public relations techniques;
- Identify relevant target audiences for disseminated research information;
- Maintain issue-specific media lists;
- Facilitate public appearances by appropriate Florida TaxWatch experts.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required; major or minor in communications, journalism, or English preferred;
- Experience with email marketing software is required, preferably Constant Contact.
- Experience with media monitoring and outreach software is preferred;
- Experience with social media campaigns is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements Include:
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, collaborative working environment;
- Proficient in AP Style.
How to Apply
Email Morgan McCord at [email protected] to apply. Please include several writing samples showcasing your work.
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, May 1, 2015