Company: APA Florida
Contact Person: Alex Magee
Application Deadline: January 13, 2015
APA Florida, a statewide non-profit based in Tallahassee, is seeking a part-time Communications Coordinator. This position is a contract position and works closely with the Executive Director and the Vice-President of Communications. It is for 20 hours/week ($20,000 for annual contract) and applicants must be able to work out of the APA Florida office in Tallahassee.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Creating, executing and analyzing social media interaction including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Updating the chapter website
- Design, create and disseminate monthly electronic newsletters.
- Assisting Editorial Committee with the creation and dissemination of quarterly newsletter.
- Ensuring messaging between all platforms is consistent with the overall brand of the organization and looking for new ways to promote the organization.
This position would pay $20,000 for a twelve month period. Applicants must be able to work 20 hours per week out of the APA Florida office. A minimum of three years’ experience in similar position required. Knowledge of land use planning issues preferred. Experience using WordPress and Vertical Response also preferred.
Please forward resumes to [email protected] .
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum of three years experience doing similar work required
- Bachelor’s degree required; major or minor in communications, journalism or public relations preferred
- Experience with email marketing software is required, preferably Constant Contact or Vertical Response.
- Experience with WordPress website software is preferred.
- Experience with social media or public relations campaigns is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements Include:
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Email your resume to [email protected] by January 13, 2015.
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, December 29, 2014