Company: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Contact Person: Lindsey Phillips, Director of External Affairs
Application Deadline: December 31, 2022
This position starts at $20.19/hr; rates increase with relevant experience
MUST RESIDE IN FLORIDA (Located in Orlando, but willing to provide a remote position for the right candidate)
Are you a creative thinker with a passion for building strong communication? Do you consider yourself a self-starter with a desire to work among a team of dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need? No matter your role, our mission is the same – to change lives by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
Devereux is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. We have a unique model that connects the latest scientific and medical advancements to practical, effective interventions in the treatment of behavioral health. We were founded in 1912 by one of the first pioneers in the field, Helena Devereux. Today, we are a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health and child welfare.
As a Communications Coordinator at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- An opportunity to work alongside with and learn from other talented contracts, managed care and finance professionals at one of the largest advanced behavioral health non-profits in the industry
- A great atmosphere with a mission-driven culture that supports others that have extra-ordinary needs
- Excellent benefits including low-cost, high coverage health insurance, generous time-off benefits, retirement, tuition reimbursement AND MORE!
The Devereux Florida External Affairs team is looking for an enthusiastic and creative Development professional to join our team as a Communications Coordinator. As a Communication Coordinator at Devereux Florida, you will responsible for:
- Prepares content for social media content, press releases, digital content
- Prepares initial draft of press releases, alerts and public postings; including public communications requested and prioritized by the Director of External Affairs
- Monitors and summarizes communications data, such as monthly metrics of social media exposure, organic media, etc.
- Maintains database of current media relations contacts and engages with external contacts to increase exposure for the organization and strategic areas of focus
keywords: communications, social media, remote, marketing, external affairs, #sponsored
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing/public relations, social service or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of digital and social media communication.
- Skilled in conducting needs assessment, project planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Strong reading, writing & public speaking skills.
- Must be well-versed in social media platforms, Microsoft Office platforms, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and a developing knowledge of MS Teams and OneNote. Raisers Edge experience a plus.
- Valid Florida Driver’s license
- Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate’s understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children.
- Successfully pass pre-employment medical screenings which include: Drug Test, Influenza Vaccine
- Devereux has a zero-tolerance policy for abuse and maintains policies and procedures to systematically reduce the risk of abuse to occur in our organization. Devereux fosters a culture of reporting abuse, and will cooperate with the authorities to the fullest extent possible.
How to Apply
Apply through this link: https://jobs.devereux.org/orlando-fl/communications-coordinator/5C7C54E33FCF49C6838014CD481B949C/job/
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, October 20, 2022