Company: Tall Timbers
Contact Person: Brian Wiebler
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
Tall Timbers, located in Tallahassee, FL, is seeking a communications professional interested in a dynamic experience working alongside wildlife researchers, fire scientists, land conservation specialists and more in a modern organization with historic roots.
Tall Timbers has experienced exceptional growth, both regional and national in scope, over the past five years. This new Communications Coordinator position will help expand our communications capacity and creativity to reach new audiences and maintain relevance with existing audiences.
The Communications Coordinator will work as part of a three-person team, including the Communications Director and Publications Coordinator. This communications team is responsible for fulfilling marketing and communications functions in innovative ways to engage target audiences to take actions aligned with organizational goals.
1. Set goals in concert with the Communications Director.
2. Coordinate short-term website updates and monitoring.
3. Work as part of a team for longer-term website strategy and updates.
4. Assist in email marketing efforts including designing messages, reviewing data, and assisting with implementation of improvements.
5. Coordinate social media content, planning, and posting as part of the team considering organization wide goals and strategy.
6. Collaborate with the Publications Coordinator on newsletters, brochures, books, and other materials to aid in content development and integration with digital platforms.
7. Assist with events for public relations, fundraising, conferences, and education as needed.
8. Other duties as may be assigned by the Communications Director.
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a communication related program, or experience equal to four years or more in communications.
2. Strong writing and editing skills. Experience interviewing and collecting information to create a story, and/or experience writing to communicate about science or natural resource topics is desirable.
3. Experience with website content management and updating (WordPress), email marketing systems (Constant Contact), social media management, and development of creative content for multiple uses (Adobe Creative Suite). Experience with the specified programs is not required, but a demonstrated ability to learn and work with similar digital platforms is.
4. Comfort with, or acceptance of hunting as an important activity for fostering land stewardship and connecting with our target audiences.
How to Apply
This is a full-time position with competitive pay and benefits based on experience. Tall Timbers Research, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and any specific salary requirements to [email protected]
This position is open until filled.
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, May 26, 2022