Company: Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR)
Contact Person: Alexis Bakofsky, FLOIR Communications Director
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) seeks a Communications Coordinator to help manage and augment the OIR social media presence. The Communications Coordinator assists the Communications Office in its promotion of internal and external OIR initiatives, enhances OIR consumer education, and works directly with the OIR Communications Director and Press Secretary to fulfill the mission of the agency.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Serve as social media lead for the Communications Office, including planning, creating, approval, and posting of all social media to OIR’s social media accounts. Serve as the primary creator for social media graphics. Monitor social media accounts for important updates and news and make recommendations for social media strategies.
- Assist with media relations as directed, including monitor the Communications Office email inbox and forward any media inquiries or pertinent emails received to the Communications Director and Press Secretary for follow up. Log media calls as appropriate within the Media Call Tracking System (MCTS) database and update with any follow up responses.
- Manage the communications unit’s phone and email distribution lists on a regular basis. Coordinate Chief of Staff Office’s incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist Communications Office with requests for changes and updates to the OIR website (floir.com) and internal Intranet and follow up to verify that each request was posted properly.
- Research insurance-related news articles from various media outlets, prepare and distribute insurance-related news clips email daily, as well as throughout the day as needed.
- Assist the Communications Office with the development of press packets, report binders and other materials for press events, hearings and meetings. Coordinate new employee briefings and welcome packets.
- Assist with special projects and research as required on issues affecting OIR, including website and branding initiatives and communications database/website development.
- Other duties as required.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Two (2) or more years of proven professional social media campaign and analytics experience
- Experience in graphic design or creation of graphics
- Experience writing, editing and/or proofreading documents for print, social media, websites, news media and publications
- One (1) or more years of experience in public information/communications field
- Skill in the use of the Adobe Creative Suite
This position requires a security background check, including fingerprint as a condition of employment.
Minimum Qualifications for this position include the following REQUIRED ENTRY LEVEL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of office procedures and practices
- Skill in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate work assignments
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
How to Apply
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019