Company: Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
Contact Person: Tiffany R Vause
Application Deadline: November 26, 2019
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity is seeking a Communications Coordinator to work with the Communications Team to keep the public informed of the agency’s mission, activities, programs, services and accomplishments. We are seeking a candidate who is available to work full time. The successful candidate must have strong verbal, writing and social media management skills. A motivated, independent and collaborative attitude is required to work well with our fast-paced communications team.
Specific job duties may include:
- Creating content for the agency’s social media pages and reporting on social media activities;
- Drafting and editing press releases, media advisories, statements, etc.;
- Monitoring ongoing news trends, compiling daily press clippings using media monitoring platforms and distributing relevant articles to senior staff;
- Drafting and editing the department’s internal and external communications, including its newsletters;
- Compile weekly report on the agency’s activities;
- Coordinate special projects and plan agency events; and
- Perform other administrative support tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, political science or related field;
- One year of professional communications experience is preferred;
- An interest in public relations, political communication or public policy;
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines with minimum supervision; and
- Knowledge and an understanding of public relations skills, including AP style writing and using media monitoring platforms.
How to Apply
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, November 21, 2019