Company: Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
Contact Person: Tonya Davis
Application Deadline: June 3, 2018
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity is seeking a Communications Coordinator to work with the communications team to keep the public informed of the agency’s mission, activities, programs, services and accomplishments. We are seeking a candidate who is available to work full time in this OPS position. The successful candidate must have strong verbal, writing and social media management skills. A motivated, independent and collaborative attitude is required to work well with our fast-paced communications team.
Specific job duties may include:
• Creating content for the agency’s social media pages and reporting on social media activities;
• Drafting and editing press releases, media advisories, statements, etc.;
• Monitoring ongoing news trends, compiling daily press clippings using media monitoring platforms and distributing relevant articles to senior staff;
• Drafting and editing the department’s internal and external communications, including its newsletters;
• Compile a weekly report on the agency’s activities;
• Coordinate special projects and plan agency events; and
• Perform other administrative support tasks as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or related field;
• One year of professional communications experience is preferred;
• An interest in public relations, political communication or public policy;
• Ability to work effectively under deadlines with minimum supervision; and
• Knowledge and an understanding of public relations skills, including AP style writing and using media monitoring platforms.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and two writing samples (each may be from previous coursework) to Tonya Davis, [email protected].
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018