Company: Florida Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis/Department of Financial Services
Contact Person: Anna Alexopoulos Farrar
Application Deadline: February 5, 2018
This position supports the efforts of Florida’s Chief Financial Officer’s (Department of Financial Services) communications office by ensuring leadership are informed of breaking and trending news, helps to communicate the agency’s message by assisting the press secretary and communications director with media calls agency wide, and completes the administrative and informative functions of the communications office.
Serves as Media Relations Liaison and Public Relations Coordinator
• Respond timely and accurately to media calls
• Promote the department and CFO’s work via traditional and social media
• Research and respond to public records requests submitted by the media
• Complete public record reports and assignments per Department policy
Completes Administrative and Information Functions
• Manages accounts for communications tools/accounts for newspaper subscriptions/clipping services
• Answers the phone and effectively direct callers
• Maintain media contact distribution lists; provide communications leadership with up-to-date, adequate contact lists
Monitor Breaking and Trending News
• Monitor breaking and trending news; inform Department leadership
• Generate regular news clipping reports for Department leadership
• Create issue briefs related to trending news topics as necessary
Perform other related assignments as requested
Knowledge of communications and/or public relations procedures, press release writing, and social media sites; problem solving techniques. Ability to process information logically and solve problems; monitor and resolve problems proactively; identify and define user task needs; communicate effectively; plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to Anna Alexopoulos Farrar at [email protected].
Job Originally Posted on: Sunday, January 21, 2018