Company: Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
Contact Person: Morgan L. McCord
Application Deadline: December 14, 2015
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity is seeking a Communications Coordinator to work with the Director of Communications and Press Secretary to keep the public informed of the activities of the Department, its programs, services, accomplishments and/or mission. The successful candidate must have strong verbal and writing skills, and social media management experience.
Specific job duties may include:
- Drafting, editing and distributing press releases, media advisories, statements, etc.;
- Creating content for the Department’s social media pages, engaging in responsive communication with the online community and reporting on social media activities;
- Coordinating with Press Secretary to provide timely and accurate responses to media inquiries;
- Monitoring ongoing news trends, distributing relevant articles to senior staff and compiling daily press clippings;
- Drafting and editing the Department’s internal communications, including the employee newsletter;
- Other administrative support tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, or related field;
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and minimum supervision;
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative attitude required;
- Strong interpersonal skills, discretion, poise, and mature judgement;
- One year of public relations or public policy experience preferred.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and writing samples to [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, November 30, 2015