Company: Foundation for Excellence in Education
Contact Person: Carrie Jenkins
Application Deadline: December 14, 2015
Reports to: Vice President of Communications
Category: Full-time, salaried, at-will employee
Location: Tallahassee, FL
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Communications team, especially the VP of Communications. The Communications Coordinator will also maintain organization of tasks within the Communications department including, but not limited to data entry, record-keeping, updating calendars, tracking tasks, updating websites, maintaining email/contact lists, managing audio/video projects, supplying internal information requests, assisting in the drafting of email messages and press releases, and managing/assisting with special projects, as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project manager for audio/video/visual projects:
- Work with vendors to collect required information, build project schedules and work with the VP of Communications to assign duties.
- Collaborate with the events, advocacy and policy teams regarding events that include communications; track requests and deadlines.
- Manage the communications plan as defined by the VP of Communications.
- Manage requests for information from within the Foundation.
- Update Exact Target lists, press lists and other databases.
- Assist with drafting email messages and releases.
- Coordinate meeting requests and conference calls for the communications team.
- Manage calendars (including specific tasks and meetings) for the communications team.
- Ensure the department works in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly expense reports for assigned team members.
- Special projects, as assigned.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and have a flexible demeanor.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, upbeat personality and ability to build relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidential records and information.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple concurrent assignments, tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge of HTML code.
- Knowledgeable in website content management systems.
- Knowledgeable of Exact Target (and/or other email marketing programs).
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or combined education and work experience in a related field. Experience in an administrative position supporting an executive.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and at least two writing samples to Carrie Jenkins at [email protected] You will be contacted if selected for further consideration.
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, November 13, 2015