Company: CareerSource Florida
Contact Person: Contact: Christine Daye, HR Director/Consultant
Application Deadline: August 31, 2015
The CareerSource Florida communications intern will learn and work in a fast-paced business environment. The intern will work as a communications assistant, assisting with written, printed and online outreach materials and messaging, providing input and feedback on communications projects and reporting to CareerSource Florida communications team members and the Chief Operating and Financial Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafting news releases
- Drafting talking points
- Providing assistance with social media management
- Reviewing websites and making recommendations for updates
- Providing assistance with presentations and e-marketing campaigns
- Providing design recommendations for printed and online outreach materials
- Assisting with planning and preparations for quarterly board meetings and other stakeholder meetings as necessary
- Assisting with business correspondence
- Researching and planning for communications projects
- Must meet CareerSource Florida’s internship program requirements
- Must be a proficient writer with experience in social media and various public relations tools including news releases, business overviews, summaries, etc.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint and Word
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal direction
- Must demonstrate the ability to work within a team
COMMUNICATIONS, PUBLIC RELATIONS, JOURNALISM OR A RELATED COURSE OF STUDY
SALARY $12.00 HOURLY
How to Apply
Applications may be submitted at: http://careersourceflorida.com/internship-program/CareerSource Florida is subject to the Public Records Law, Chapter 119 of the Florida Statutes and the Sunshine Law, Chapter 286 of the Florida Statutes. Applicant submissions could potentially be subjected to public disclosure.
CareerSource Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, August 3, 2015