Company: Bascom Communications & Consulting, LLC
Contact Person: Kelsey Swithers
Application Deadline: March 1, 2020
Bascom Communications & Consulting, LLC is looking for a Communications Assistant/Specialist to provide support for various clients and consulting team members, from media monitoring to social media content generation and management to copy writing and other public affairs strategies. This position is a direct report to the President of the company, with some administrative support duties to the President required.
The candidate should have excellent writing and communications skills with a strong attention to detail, the ability to stay on task both independently and meet tight deadlines. The position will consist of assisting the senior consulting teams on various projects and client initiatives that may include public affairs and legislative advocacy, crisis communications, digital and social media campaigns, and political campaigns.
The position is a full-time, salaried position with a benefits package. Room for growth and advancement in this position should be expected and aspired to.
- Provide support to senior consulting team
- Draft and edit communications copy (i.e., press releases, publications, social media posts)
- Assist in maintaining web content and executing social media strategies
- Manage databases and media lists
- Track projects and media reports
- Facilitate effective internal communications
- Maintain calendars and appointments of President
- Proven experience as a Communications Assistant, Communications Specialist or similar role
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies
- Proficient in MS Office; familiarity with design software (i.e., Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems is a plus
- Solid editing and researching skills
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- BS/BA in Marketing, Communications or a related field
How to Apply
Please email your resume to Kelsey Swithers at [email protected].
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, February 7, 2020