Communications and Outreach Internship
Contact Person: Carla Juarez
Application Deadline: December 6, 2019
The IEM Internship Program provides students the opportunity to apply classroom skills and theory to real-life work situations. This hands-on program is designed to strengthen a student’s confidence and skills to prepare them for future employment opportunities.
This position will give the selected intern the opportunity to become a part of the Rebuild Florida team and gain a better understanding of outreach and communications efforts, experience contractor and client relations, learn and hone basic office skill sets (i.e. Outlook, SharePoint), as well as, support review and editing of formal policies and procedures.
This is an unpaid internship. IEM will cover basic application and processing fees. Applicants must be seeking internship credit or must be willing to register for the Experiential Recognition Program if offered this opportunity. Travel opportunities may arise and will be coordinated based on student availability.
Week of January 6, 2020.
Week of April 24, 2020 – possibility to extend internship.
IEM has been hired as a contractor for the Department of Economic Opportunity’s Rebuild Florida program. The selected intern will primarily focus on this project through their tenure at IEM. (Opportunity to support other IEM projects may be available depending on student’s interest and experience.)
Rebuild Florida is a partnership of DEO and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), which approved funding to local communities for Florida’s long-term recovery efforts after the 2017 hurricane season. Rebuild Florida will repair and rebuild damaged homes across the hardest-hit communities of our state. To learn more, please visit www.RebuildFlorida.gov.
- Complete program training to include internship orientation, Rebuild Florida program orientation, HRIQ database training and SalesForce portal training.
- Support outreach and communications efforts for Rebuild Florida including but not limited to: press briefing coordination, applicant correspondence/messaging, community partnerships, constituent services, homeowner testimonials, etc.
- Attend weekly Rebuild Florida Strategic Communications meetings. Meeting dates vary, but please note that they typically take place on Wednesday.
- Opportunity to create, review and support revisions of program guidelines, plans and standard operating procedures.
- Support team with administrative assignments as needed.
Internship Requirements and Preferences
Communications and Outreach Internship – Spring 2019
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university during the time of their internship at
- Ideal candidate: Junior or senior undergraduate student; preferably, master’s student.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Must be able to work at least 15 hours a week (schedule is flexible)
- Adobe experience preferred.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit an updated resume and cover letter in PDF via email to our Communications and Outreach Manager:
Communications and Outreach Manager
Office (904) 720-7911
124 Marriott Dr. Suite 105
Job Originally Posted on: Thursday, November 21, 2019