Communications and Marketing Intern
Company: Tallahassee Community College
Contact Person: Katie Williams
Application Deadline: November 30, 2015
The Office of Communications and Marketing at Tallahassee Community College is looking for interns who can assist with public relations, writing, editing, social media and general communications efforts for the College.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in the drafting of press releases, media advisories and other communications documents
- Writing and interviewing for website feature stories; creating content for faculty and staff newsletter
- Editing and proofreading
- Brainstorming, creating and scheduling social media content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google +, LinkedIn)
- General research duties
- Other duties as needed
This internship is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in learning more about corporate communications or higher education marketing. Intern hours can vary, but ideal applicants can commit at least 10 hours/week.
- Majors in communication, public relations, advertising, English or related fields preferred
- Strong writing and editing skills (knowledge of AP style a plus)
- General computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and any writing samples to Katie Williams at [email protected].
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, October 28, 2015