Company: Florida Department of Financial Services
Contact Person: Michelle Winokur
Application Deadline: April 4, 2016
Chief Writer duties include, but are not limited to:
- Writes speeches/talking points, op-eds, letters to the editor and policy briefs.
- Manages the creation of remarks and talking points from their inception—i.e. agreeing to an event—and shepherds them through the editing process, including combining drafts, incorporating research and implementing edits.
- Works with colleagues to gather and appropriate data and events, or topic-related information to include in speeches, op-eds and policy documents.
- Works with Regional Managers and Communications staff on completion of advance documents, including researching relevant background and policy information.
- Researches short and long-term ramifications of policy decisions; advises on appropriate course of action to achieve desired result.
- Evaluates current media trends and themes related to the CFO’s work; addresses trends and incorporates thematic goals into remarks.
- Employs critical and creative thinking to determine and implement new methods for achieving thematic goals.
- Prepares necessary reports and administrative functions completely and on time.
- Travels, as needed, to support the delivery of speeches or other events.
- Other related duties and assignments as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, Creative Writing or related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Rules of writing, grammar and editing
- Ability to conduct fact-finding research
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Familiarity with state government/Florida’s government structure and public policy making process
How to Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter and two writing samples to Deputy CFO Michelle Winokur at [email protected]
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, March 4, 2016