Benefits Sales Manager
Company: FBMC Benefits Management
Contact Person: Kyla Heap
Application Deadline: May 6, 2014
Description: The Sales Manager manages the sales of the company’s products and services in a defined market, Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive training, planning, deployment and management of sales personnel. Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings.
Duties: • Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counseling, skills development and product knowledge development.
• Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible (including the CRM and sales processes), and advising leadership on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
• Responsible for managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organization’s presence throughout the industry.
• Assist in the development of the annual sales and marketing plan by specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product/service, market, and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), and realistic costs of operating the sales force..
• Ensure all sales representative activities are in accordance within industry and regulatory guidelines, as well as FBMC guidelines.
• Responsible for the planning, recruitment, direction, organization and control of sales representatives to accomplish specific objectives.
• Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports, and cyclical sales meetings with CRM as the primary tool.
• Manage sales team’s assigned geographic sales area and product line to maximize sales revenue and meet corporate objectives
• Monitor use of CRM system to ensure accuracy and maximized usage of the system. In addition, use the system to identify trends that indicate additional support and follow-up.
• Plan and implement a specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team, set individual territory sales and sales targets and administer the commission plan.
• Accompany sales representatives in the field to visit prospects, conferences, and/or industry events to provide guidance on how to improve their sales technique, networking, and relationship building, as well as enhance the development of the sales representative’s skills.
• Provide high standards of ongoing training for the sales representatives using internal and external training resources so that they possess sufficient benefits and technical knowledge to present information on the company’s products in an accurate and balanced manner.
• Manage RFP Writers and Request for Proposal process.
This Job Description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the Manager.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field. A minimum of 5 to 10 years of sales management experience preferably within the benefits environment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, CRM, and Excel)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk.
Monday – Friday; Flex hours between 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. with at least 30 minutes for lunch and not more than a 90 minute lunch. Travel is required.
How to Apply
Please visit our website http://www.fbmc.com/ and click the careers link.
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, March 24, 2014