Associate, Marketing & Business Development, Governmental Services
Company: Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs
Contact Person: Amy Rubes
Application Deadline: April 8, 2021
Thomas Howell Ferguson P.A. CPAs is an accounting firm headquartered in Tallahassee with a second location in Tampa and a third location in Bainbridge, GA. With THF now reaching almost 130+ team members, our firm is positioned for continued significant growth.
You will work with an exceptional team in a fast-paced office environment. The ideal candidate will have a high level of initiative, well-developed organizational skills, and the ability to learn and accept new challenges with a positive, can-do attitude. Time management skills and attention to detail are critical.
THF is hiring an Associate in Marketing & Business Development to specialize in Governmental Services. We have a large practice focused around disaster and emergency management, and we are adding an associate to focus on future growth for the team.
Primary responsibilities include:
– Writing proposals for the emergency management and disaster team.
– Maintaining a database of contacts within the governmental industry.
– Working with team leaders to gather the appropriate information to be included in proposals.
– Following disasters to update the team on potential opportunities.
– Working with the team members to write and update their resumes and headshots.
– Preparing the team for oral presentations for potential clients.
– Writing and editing marketing materials, blogs, and articles focused on the disaster and emergency management team.
– Updating the website pages focused on the disaster and emergency management industry niche.
– Reviewing multiple websites and articles to search for additional revenue opportunities for the team.
– Contacting state or local government offices to gather information and update the team.
Benefits include competitive salary, flexible work schedules, Paid Time Off, retirement plan, 401K match opportunity, medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance options.
EOE, ADA, E-Verify Employer
– Four-year degree (preferred)
– Must be accurate, thorough, effective, and complete work within the prescribed time frame.
– Possesses exceptional organizational skills and is an effective time manager and multi-tasker.
– Able to set priorities, anticipate problems, plan, schedule, control, and complete the work assigned.
– Keen attention to detail.
– Proficient with researching, gathering data, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
– Able to work independently and with a team.
– Takes the initiative to help research and develop additional opportunities.
– Demonstrates creative and professional writing skills.
– Proficient (Word, Excel, Publisher, Visio) and be able to adapt and learn various websites quickly.
– Demonstrates good interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Comprehension of current work and industry niche we support is a must.
– Must be a quick learner.
– A Florida Certificated Contract Negotiator certification is a plus.
– Experience and knowledge of grant writing is a plus.
– A Florida Certified Contract Manager certification is a plus.
How to Apply
Job Originally Posted on: Friday, March 19, 2021