Company: Sachs Media Group
Contact Person: Lisa Garcia
Application Deadline: May 29, 2015
Dynamic, award-winning integrated marketing communications firm seeks a highly conceptual Art Director with strong, hands-on design skills, presentation skills and the ability to manage a small staff of designers. Portfolio must exhibit produced work with examples of brand-building, integrated campaigns across both digital and traditional platforms. Excellent work environment and benefits.
Art Director is expected to work both independently and in a team, or as a thought leader to junior staff, to come up with a range of ideas and executions for each project that he/she will see through to completion. Portfolio must showcase experience with branding, print work, websites (that scale from desktop to mobile platforms), banners, emails and rich media. UX is a plus.
They must also participate in and contribute to the new business activities of the agency. Strong client-facing skills and the ability to pitch and communicate ideas are imperative.
Primary Responsibilities: Direction/Design
- Personally work on the design and creation of projects
- Ensure timely development and execution of creative plans, campaigns and projects.
- Ability to learn and understand the unique business challenges and opportunities of each client and focus creativity around them
- Interact with account managers and copywriters to develop creative concepts and executions of assigned projects based upon agreed strategy
- Present and defend creative work using advertising strategy as foundation for discussion
- Work closely with account teams to develop strategies and concepts, and schedule and monitor all projects
- Manage design team by assigning projects and assisting in project development and provide direction that amplifies individual creativity
- Take direction and feedback to improve the work based on it
- Attention to detail
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines
- When needed, recruit and manage third party or freelance designers to support work overload.
- Work with internal teams to develop new business proposals and pitch presentations.
- Work closely with web development team to produce interactive projects
- Interact with vendors to provide detailed information and cost estimates that lead to stable, profitable accounts.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks, as directed by managers
Secondary Responsibilities: Client Relationships
- Advise client or account managers on all technical visual recommendations and/or issues
- Help facilitate/participate in creative meetings and brainstorms
- Assist in making presentations to client
Tertiary Responsibilities: Staff Development
- Assist in the education and development of team
- Administer team evaluations; abide by and help enforce time sheet completion
- Increase team moral and decrease stress when possible
- Advocate for team needs
- A Bachelors degree in Advertising, Design, or Communication is required and/or notable portfolio school experience
- 5+ years design experience in an agency setting
- 2+ years of supervisory experience is required with references of creative staff available
- Expert level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite on a Macintosh operating platform
- Preference given to those with additional experience with HTML, CSS, GANTT and WordPress plus PowerPoint/Keynote and Microsoft Word
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and provide solutions in conceiving, designing, and producing projects
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams on multiple projects
- Ability to bring in new sources of creative inspiration to the work and creative team and drive to enhance own creative and technical skills
- Ownership of tasks and ability to drive them through to completion
- Speak the “programmer’s language” when communicating an idea to developers
How to Apply
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, May 5, 2015