Administrative Assistant II (Communications Assistant)
Company: FL Office of Insurance Regulation - Communications Unit
Contact Person: Amy Bogner, Deputy Director of Communications
Application Deadline: November 13, 2013
This position is responsible for providing daily assistance to the OIR Communications Office with all aspects of media relations and internal operations. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Coordinates the dissemination of draft memoranda, reports, and documents to the press and internal personnel.
• Prepares written response to press inquiries on insurance regulatory matters and response letters for management.
• Conducts research at the direction of Senior Management regarding the insurance industry, including researching updates to the Office website (www.floir.com).
• Coordinates Office responses with other business units.
• Prepares and maintains internal talking points and information specific to the Communications Office.
• Maintains catalogue of past press issues, and updates Office position papers with this information.
• Answer press phone calls, and directly responds to the press for routing inquiries, or for inquiries where the Office has established a messaging procedure.
• Directs complicated or non-routine requests to appropriate staff and monitors and coordinates the Office response.
• Performs environmental scanning by reading and collating local, state and national press articles related to insurance issues affecting the Office and distributes daily as part of the Office news clips process.
• Sends daily media call list to Governor’s Office.
• Makes travel arrangements for the Communications Director and Deputy Communications Director.
• Completes other related duties as required.
The position is full-time (career service) with a salary range of $30,988.68 – $54,579.27. It is anticipated that this position will be filled at the minimum salary of $30,988.68.
This candidate must be resourceful and possess strong writing, interpersonal, and excellent communications skills (both verbal and written). They must also be able to prioritize job duties, work independently, and exercise initiative to meet strict deadlines. They should also be an enthusiastic team player, and demonstrate the ability to problem solve, multitask and interact with others in a positive manner.
The position requires an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with a preference for the ability to work in programs such as Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a resume and completed State of Florida application to Amy Bogner via email at: [email protected] or by postal mail: Attn: Amy Bogner, Deputy Director of Communications, FL Office of Insurance Regulation, Larson Building, 200 East Gaines Street, Rm. 121, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0326. For questions, contact the OIR Communications Office at (850) 413-2515.
Job Originally Posted on: Wednesday, November 6, 2013