Account Coordinator/Public Relations Intern
Company: RB Oppenheim Associates
Contact Person: Brianna Barnebee - [email protected]
Application Deadline: July 18, 2014
RB Oppenheim Associates (RBOA) is an award-winning, full-service, integrated marketing communications firm with a 29-year history steeped in unparalleled public relations, advertising and marketing services. Current and past clients include corporations and organizations in the fields of public health, medical research, metropolitan development, environmental protection, banking and finance and more.
Digital Opps is the integrated digital marketing division of RBOA. Established in 2011, Digital Opps applies the integrated marketing communications approach to digital communications, blending responsive website design and management, mobile app development, search engine optimization, social media management, blogging, e-newsletters, mobile marketing, digital video, online reputation management and metrics providing comprehensive digital communication services.
RBOA offers a public relations internship (Account Coordinator position) Internships are generally for class credit, consist of 20 set hours per week (arranged to complement class schedules) and pay a monthly stipend. The fall 2014 internship starts August 25 and ends December 12, 2014.
Candidates will have the opportunity to:
• Gain hands-on experience executing integrated digital marketing campaigns.
• Strengthen skills in traditional public relations and publicity.
• Apply social media, Web, video and graphic design skills to real-life clients and campaigns.
• Participate in client meetings and brainstorming sessions.
• Attend networking and career development events with industry professionals.
• Gain confidence and a competitive edge in today’s job market.
• Build portfolios.
• Have fun while improving digital marketing skills.
A RBOA Account Coordinator position will provide you with valuable professional opportunities to:
• Create social media and blog posts for clients
• Assist in program planning and development
• Write news releases, media advisories, feature articles and PSAs
• Develop media target lists and pitch media on story ideas
• Develop newsletters, fliers and brochures
• Write copy for advertisements
• Participate in creative planning and campaign conceptualization
• Plan and coordinate special events
• Assist with research projects
• Experience with writing in AP style
• Experience with social media and digital platforms (Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flickr, Constant Contact WordPress, Sprout Social)
• Willingness to learn
• A 3.0 GPA or higher
How to Apply
Email your resume, cover letter, fall schedule and three non-academic writing samples* to Brianna Barnebee no later than Friday, July 18 at 5 p.m. Include “Public Relations Internship” in the subject line.
*Note: Appropriate writing samples include news or magazine articles, blog posts, Web copy, brochures, newsletters and press materials (releases, advisories, pitch messages, etc.).
Job Originally Posted on: Monday, July 7, 2014