Account Coordinator or Account Executive
Company: CoreMessage, Inc.
Contact Person: Jennifer Fennell, APR, CPRC
Application Deadline: September 8, 2021
Founded in 2001, CoreMessage represents a diverse group of businesses, associations and organizations at a variety of levels throughout Florida. The award-winning, Tallahassee-based firm provides clients with fully integrated communications strategies. Specializing in public relations and public affairs, our scope of work includes: strategic message development, media relations, public outreach and education, coalition building, social marketing, advertising, grassroots initiatives and brand awareness.
CoreMessage is seeking a full-time Account Coordinator or Account Executive with two to five years of experience in public relations, public affairs, advocacy, journalism or related fields. This person will be responsible for all facets of client service and will serve as the primary liaison for several client accounts. Ideal candidates must demonstrate previous success in traditional and non-traditional media relations, familiarity with social media platforms, proficiency in public relations writing and the ability to multi-task.
This is a remote work position where a laptop and smart phone will be assigned to the employee. Remote employees must be able to work independently, demonstrate exceptional time-management skills and have a dedicated space in which they can manage often sensitive or confidential client items. The salary range for this position is $30,000 to $45,000, commensurate with experience. While candidates from across the state of Florida are encouraged to apply, preference will be given to applicants located in Tallahassee, Florida.
Responsibilities and preferred qualifications listed below.
• Understands client business (and the industries in which it participates), provides appropriate and timely client counsel.
• Develops, implements and guides communications strategies and programs for clients.
• Creates and manages local, regional and national media databases.
• Meets and develops relationships with key constituents and media important to the client’s business.
• Knows media needs and the appropriate channels for dissemination of information.
• Establishes relationships with media and interacts with media on behalf of clients, including serving as a spokesperson as needed.
• Drafts public relations and communications materials including news releases, op-eds, letters to the editor, communications plans and proposals, press releases, pitch letters, media alerts and fact sheets.
• Has proficiency in the professional use of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
• Monitors projects to ensure that deadlines and quality standards are met.
• Coordinates and executes status meetings with clients and other contacts.
• Coalition building.
• Monitors social and traditional media channels on behalf of clients.
• General administrative duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, creative writing, journalism, political science or other related field.
• Experience in media relations, community relations, grassroots advocacy, social media management and event planning/management.
• Experience managing the day-to-day activities and efforts for multiple client accounts.
• Proven written (AP style) and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work independently and as part of a bigger team.
• Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of accounts and clients.
• Demonstrate effective client relations.
• Personal computer proficiency; MS Office preferred, including MS Outlook.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, references and a minimum of two writing samples to Jennifer Fennell at [email protected] with “Job Application” written in the subject line.
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021