Company: Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
Application Deadline: October 31, 2016
The Marketing Coordinator will assist with the internal and external communications for the Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce and its related programs. The Marketing Coordinator must have a comprehensive level of understanding of traditional and digital communications strategies and succinctly convey this knowledge to internal and external audiences. The individual in this position must also have a solid grasp of all communications tools, and be able to recommend a variety of strategies and tactics to help position and promote the Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce.
Written, verbal and organizational skills are essential. Graphic design skills a plus. Evening and weekend work is sometimes required and the coordinator may be on call for emergencies or to assist with member requests. This position also requires flexibility, problem-solving skills and the ability to work successfully as part of a team and interact well with all levels of staff, volunteers, board members and elected officials.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Events for the Chamber, the Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that messaging and brand are consistent throughout all communications media originating from the Chamber. Responsibilities will include assistance in developing and implementing an annual communications & marketing plan to support the key objectives for the Chamber (including retaining current members, increasing program attendance and recruiting new members).
The position will also be responsible for the following tasks:
- Execute the marketing and branding priorities outlined in the strategic plan and communications plan; engage in developing the annual communications plan;
- Help evolve the brand through content development across multi-channels
- Ensure communications are consistent and within brand guidelines across the enterprise;
- Direct and/or engage in digital strategies to include website updates, social media campaigns, social media content and paid advertising, and direct digital marketing
- Direct and/or engage in traditional communications strategies including public relations, media relations, event marketing and speaker bureau activities
- Engage with staff and board leadership to further enhance the successful communications and marketing engagement for the Chamber
Conduct measurement and evaluation of communications strategies and tactics
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis in graphic design, communications or business;
- At least 2 years prior experience in communications, emerging media, graphic design, and/or marketing preferred.
- Proven ability to handle projects that require critical thinking, communications management and media relations;
- Strong writing, editing, proof-reading and organizational skills;
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and research abilities;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products, email programs, website development,
- Ability to set and meet deadlines;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, executives and members.
- Graphic design and HTML experience preferred
Salary Range $38,000-$45,000 depending on experience and skill level.
Job Originally Posted on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016