August Program Recap
WeAreFPRA Capital Chapter Celebration
Thursday, August 30, 2018/11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Four Points by Sheraton, Tallahassee Downtown
Presented by Gandy Printers, TREW Media, Inc, and Ktcreative
- Celebration of the past year’s accomplishments
- Past FPRA Presidents passing the gavel
- Awards Ceremony
- Installation of the new FPRA Officers and Board of Directors
The August 30th luncheon was a time of celebration. President Molly Kellogg-Schmauch highlighted the past year’s accomplishments, including the Golden Image Award winners from the Annual Conference in Ponte Vedra, Fla. She also presented the following awards within the Chapter:
- 2018 Stanley Tait Award for Professional Service: Alison Faris, APR, City of Tallahassee
- President’s Award: Jennifer Krell Davis, J.D., The Florida Bar
- Member of the Year: Zoe Linafelt, Florida Agency for Persons with Disabilities
In addition, member Shari Hubbard received her APR pin from member Nanette Schimpf, APR, CPRC. The program also included sponsor recognitions of Trew Media, KT Creative and Gandy Printing, who have all been supportive of the Capital Chapter throughout the year.
The highlight of the program included the installation of the incoming Board Members and President Cathy Schroeder. Cathy received a warm welcome, and a wealth of advice from Past FPRA Presidents as the gavel was passed:
- “Get everyone involved.”
- “Make it fun, and personally engage with members.”
- “Ask for help. Don’t be afraid to ask for that help beyond the Board. This community is stocked with individuals from all walks of life who are supportive.”
- “You can’t do it all. Pick a few big things and do those well.”
Before Molly handed the gavel to Cathy, her parting words were: “If you’re ready, you’re wrong. Don’t be afraid to challenge yourself.”
For photos of the event, check out our Facebook page.
-Hue Reynolds, Executive Director, Office of Supplier Diversity