The Capital Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) is looking for students who are truly making a mark on the industry. We’ll be awarding one scholarship to the top applicant who stands out by distinguishing themselves as a rising leader and articulating how they intend to contribute or have already contributed to the public relations industry. . Applications will be accepted from FSU, FAMU and Flagler students interested in pursuing a career in public relations. All application requirements are due Friday, October 2, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. Winner will be announced within two weeks of the deadline. Good luck!
To apply, students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a junior or senior currently enrolled at FSU, FAMU, or Flagler
- May not be a previous FPRA Capital Chapter scholarship recipient
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must be a student pursuing a PR – related field.
To apply, students must submit each of the following:
- Completed scholarship application
- FOUR copies of the completed writing exercise. Please DO NOT print your name on your completed writing exercise. (Accepted by mail or email)
- FOUR copies of your resume detailing public relations experience
- Course transcript (unofficial)
Applications will be judged by three or more FPRA Capital Chapter members. Student names will be withheld from the judges to prevent bias. Spring Scholarship Deadline:
Required Writing Exercise
Construct a 500 word essay describing how you will contribute to the public relations industry. Be detailed and creative in your response.
All applicants will be guaranteed an interview with leadership from Tallahassee’s top PR firms discussing their essay and career goals. The successful applicant will be selected from these interviews.
The recipient of the scholarship will be awarded an opportunity to work with the FPRA Capital Chapter members and board in the spring as the recipient’s schedule allows.